Starting a relationship is difficult but what is more difficult is handling it. Having your significant other is something that can change your life. It teaches you about responsibility, patience and trust. It brings consistency and stability in your life and helps you develop many other such traits that can help you become a complete man that people can look up to. Having friends to share your problems or stories is one thing but there are some things that you cannot even share with your friends and that is where a girlfriend comes in.
A girlfriend can make you have a clear direction of focus and may make you more goal oriented than before. Having a girlfriend makes you do your best so that you can provide for her. As a result you do better in your career. Having lots of girlfriends like boys do is more stress than fun and so you should focus only one person that you believe is the right person for you.
Being men it is difficult for us to show our weak and emotional side to our friends but sharing your weakness with a girlfriend is not so difficult. In fact it makes them like you even more. A girlfriend can fill the role of two people in your life; one that of a girlfriend and one of being your significant other. These roles are different because a girlfriend is someone that you can have fun with just like you normally would with your male friends and a significant other is someone that you can share your innermost feelings with, feelings that make you vulnerable when you share them with your male friends. Women meet the emotional needs of a man better than his friends can. Combine the two roles and you get someone so special that it changes your life just being with them and you see yourself sharing a future with them.
One of the many reasons men want to have a girlfriend is to either handle their loneliness or to form some sort of companionship. Having a girlfriend just to handle loneliness is not a good thing as compared to having a girlfriend to form companionship since companionship is a good thing and it promotes a healthy relationship which, in future, might turn into something serious like marriage. Getting a girlfriend out of loneliness is bad because:
It may make you think low of yourself and put you into inferiority complex.
- It wastes your time which you might put into good use by spending it on yourself.
- This kind of relationship does not necessarily evolve into something serious.
- In situations like these the relationships are more stressful and less fun.
- A temporary relationship is just a waste of money and time.
- Having a girlfriend just to kill loneliness might make you miss on a real love opportunity elsewhere.
- On the other hand having a girlfriend to from companionship is good because:
- It allows for a more intimate relationship that is deeper and lasts long.
- The relationship being formed is healthy and lets you have more fun together.
- Such a relationship can be turned into something serious such as marriage.
- It lets you be independent of each other yet the option to stay together is totally out of love.
- It lets you feel comfortable being emotionally vulnerable around each other.
Think carefully before getting a girlfriend. See whether you are doing it just to kill loneliness or to actually build a healthy relationship to form companionship. There are many ways to kill loneliness. You could start self-improvement activities. Join music or sports clubs or pursue other hobbies that you could not give time to earlier. Having a girlfriend is serious business since it involves the lives of two people, their money and their time as well.